The Crystals Las Vegas, Nevada Luxury Retail Center, NV shop images, Libeskind design news
The Crystals Luxury Retail Center Las Vegas
Nevada Store Building, USA Shops design by Daniel Libeskind Architect
Jul 25, 2008
Citycenter Unveils First Retailers and Dining Establishments for The Crystals Retail and Entertainment District, Nevada, USA.
World’s Most Celebrated Brands Find New Las Vegas Home at Libeskind-Designed Crystals Luxury Retail Center
Design: Studio Daniel Libeskind Architects
The Crystals Luxury Retail Center
The Crystals Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS – Jul 2008 – CityCenter revealed today the first of the luxury retailers and dining establishments that will have coveted locations inside The Crystals, its spectacular 500,000-square-foot retail, entertainment and dining district. When it opens in late 2009, The Crystals will combine dramatic architecture and design with exclusive offerings from the world’s most elite brands to become a premier international shopping destination. Renowned retailers Louis Vuitton, TIFFANY & CO. and Ermenegildo Zegna will be among the exceptional brands presented under The Crystal’s multi-faceted canopy of unprecedented brilliance.
Visitors to The Crystals also will enjoy two dynamic new dining concepts from internationally renowned master chef Wolfgang Puck as well as the energy and excitement of Innovative Dining Group’s gourmet Robatayaki and sushi bar Katana.
“At The Crystals, we’ve joined two preeminent architects – Studio Daniel Libeskind1 and David Rockwell – to create an international gathering place that combines art, design and experience,” said Bobby Baldwin, president and CEO of CityCenter. “Our incredible array of luxury retailers and dining destinations, coupled with a spectacular design, will make The Crystals a must-see shopping destination.”
The Crystals Retailers
· Louis Vuitton , the world’s leading luxury brand, will introduce their 16th global store in North America at The Crystals and will offer all product categories including men’s and women’s ready-to-wear, leather goods, shoes, watches, jewelry, sunglasses, textiles, ties and accessories. The two-level store will be located in the center of the development and will be one of the largest Louis Vuitton locations in North America.
· de Grisogono, premier jeweler and watch maker, will launch its first West Coast and second U.S. boutique within The Crystals. A favorite among Hollywood celebrities, the brand’s ability to predict and cultivate trends keeps it ahead of the curve with the production of fresh and innovative creations that re-write the codes of watch and jewelry design. Now celebrating 15 years of success, de Grisogono currently operates 15 boutiques worldwide.
· Ermenegildo Zegna, the world leader in luxury men’s clothing known for its nearly century-long commitment to quality, will showcase its extensive collection of suiting, sportswear, small leather goods and accessories in an approximately 10,000-square-foot boutique at The Crystals.
· H. Stern is a renowned international jeweler famous for original and innovative designs in gold, diamonds and precious gemstones. Featuring jewels of modern sensibility and timeless elegance, the brand is regularly featured in international fashion and lifestyle magazines and often chosen by top celebrities for red carpet appearances. The Crystals location will represent H. Stern’s first West Coast store and will be only its third in the U.S.
· Marni is famous for its refined collections of clothing for men and women. The brand’s eclectic style, use of innovative materials and exceptional quality make it a standout in today’s fashion landscape. Always distinctive, Marni’s collection features women’s, men’s and children’s ready-to-wear lines in addition to shoes, bags, small leather goods and eyewear. Delivering approximately 2,500 square feet of retail space, Marni’s Las Vegas store will mark its fifth in the United States.
· Mikimoto, the originator of cultured pearls since 1893, has forged a proud legacy of unique design and is internationally revered for its dedication to beauty and quality. Offering the world’s finest selection of Akoya and South Sea cultured pearl jewelry, Mikimoto continues to revolutionize the classic image of pearls by designing modern jewelry to satisfy today’s fashionable customer.
· Roberto Coin will open its second U.S. boutique at The Crystals. The boutique will occupy 1,200 square feet and will house an unparalleled collection of the renowned Italian jewelry designer’s distinctive creations ranging from classic to contemporary, elegantly casual to radiantly chic. Roberto Coin’s passion for creative beauty has gained him a reputation as one of the world’s finest jewelry designers.
· Rolex Presented by Hyde Park -The leading name in luxury wristwatches, Rolex has been the pre-eminent symbol of performance and prestige for over a century. Hyde Park Jewelers will showcase a stunning and comprehensive selection of Rolex wristwatches in a spectacular new boutique at The Crystals.
· TIFFANY & CO. will boast an approximately 10,000-square-foot, two-level store that faces Las Vegas Boulevard. The store will be arrayed with exclusive TIFFANY & CO. collections including the jeweler’s celebrated diamond engagement rings and jewels of ultimate glamour; fine and sterling silver jewelry; the signature designs of Elsa Peretti, Paloma Picasso, Jean Schlumberger and Frank Gehry; watches; gifts and accessories.
· Tourbillon will open its second U.S.-based boutique at The Crystals. Only in a Tourbillon boutique can guests peruse prestigious brands such as Breguet, Blancpain, Glashütte Original, Jaquet Droz, Le´on Hatot and Omega under one roof. In homage to the parent company’s namesake: Swatch Group, a selection of exclusive watches and jewelry from the Swatch brand also will be featured.
Dining at The Crystals
Internationally renowned master chef Wolfgang Puck, credited with sparking the fine dining revolution in Las Vegas, will open two innovative new restaurant concepts within The Crystals. The first will be a contemporary interpretation of a traditional French brasserie with tastes of the Mediterranean region, a new concept for Puck. The second, known as the Wolfgang Puck “Pods,” will be centrally located on the iconic Crystals staircase providing dramatic views throughout serving high-quality, light American and Mediterranean fare. A stunning bar will offer the perfect vantage point to watch the bustling activity below and to view the special design effects and magnificent architecture.
Innovative Dining Group (IDG) brings a spectacular new version of Katana, its successful sushi and Robatayaki concept and Sunset Strip favorite, to CityCenter, joining IDG’s existing Epicurean Award-winning Las Vegas restaurants Sushi Roku and BOA Steakhouse. Katana combines award-winning interior design with the artistry and diversity of its Japanese cuisine in a vibrant atmosphere frequented by a combination of guests ranging from foodies to celebrities from film, television, and music. The 10,000 square foot impeccably designed space will feature glamorous and opulent details, Katana’s signature Robatayaki and sushi bars, as well as a stunning lounge area and large private dining rooms. The menu at Katana showcases the best of Japanese cuisine, including premium sushi, sashimi, tempura, and the restaurant’s unique specialty, Robatayaki, or market-fresh ingredients grilled on bamboo skewers over Japanese-imported Bincho Tan charcoal. A certified sake sommelier will guide guests through the extensive 40-label selection, and a host of cocktail and Japanese beer options are also available to complement the cuisine.
“These extraordinary brands will be joined by many others in the months to come,” said Baldwin. “The final details of this project are coming together as we progress toward our opening at the end of next year.”
The Crystals Las Vegas design : Daniel Libeskind
Location:The Crystals, Las Vegas, Nevada ‘
CityCenter is an unprecedented urban metropolis that will open in late 2009 on 67 acres between Bellagio and Monte Carlo resorts on the Las Vegas Strip. A joint venture between MGM MIRAGE (NYSE: MGM) and Dubai World, CityCenter is valued at more than $9 billion and will feature ARIA, a 61-story, 4,000-room gaming resort; three luxury non-gaming hotels including Las Vegas’ first Mandarin Oriental, The Harmon Hotel, Spa & Residences and Vdara Condo Hotel; Veer Towers, the development’s only strictly residential buildings; approximately 2,600 condominium residences; and The Crystals, a 500,000-square-foot retail and entertainment district. CityCenter also will feature a $40 million public fine art program with works by acclaimed artists including Maya Lin, Jenny Holzer, Nancy Rubins, Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, among others. CityCenter is a design collaboration between MGM MIRAGE and eight internationally acclaimed architectural firms including Pelli Clarke Pelli, Kohn Pederson Fox, Helmut Jahn, RV Architecture LLC led by Rafael Viñoly, Foster + Partners1, Studio Daniel Libeskind1, Rockwell Group and Gensler. Charting a new course for responsible growth in Las Vegas, MGM MIRAGE is pursuing the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) certification at CityCenter. As planned, the 18-million-square foot, multi-use project will become one of the world’s largest environmentally sustainable urban communities. For more information about CityCenter, please visit www.citycenter.com.
1 As a consultant to AAI Architects, Inc.
Comments / photos for the The Crystals Las Vegas – Luxury Retail Center Nevada page welcome
The Crystals Las Vegas Buildings
Website: The Shops At Crystals